WASHINGTON (AP) — A utility company says two men were injured while working with electrical cables in downtown Washington.
Pepco spokesman Bob Hainey says the contractors were pulling an old underground cable when it touched a live cable, triggering an electrical shock on Monday. One man suffered facial burns and the other suffered smoke inhalation.
D.C. Deputy Fire Chief Ken Crosswhite says crews had received a report of an explosion at the site of several high-voltage feeds. Crosswhite says the two men were taken to a hospital. He says no power outages were reported in D.C.'s busy Dupont Circle area, though traffic was being diverted.
Source: AP News