Pakistan's cricket board will not suspend its national players while investigations into spot-fixing allegations in England are probed, a spokesman for the board told AFP on Tuesday.
Seven Pakistani players are being investigated by Scotland Yard detectives on allegations of deliberately no-balling during the team's fourth and final Test against England, which Pakistan lost on Sunday.
"He further said that this is only an allegation so far. There is still no charge or proof on that account. So at this stage there will be no action taken."
Sarwar refused to comment on reported demands by the International Cricket Council and some of the England players to suspend the men under investigation.
The inquiry follows a British Sunday tabloid newspaper sting in which a bookmaker allegedly paid Pakistani players to deliberately bowl the no-balls.
Britain's biggest-selling paper, the News of the World, claimed it had paid middleman Mazhar Majeed 150,000 pounds (230,000 dollars, 185,000 euros) for exact details of three deliberate no-balls in the match.
British broadsheet The Daily Telegraph said it understood that the International Cricket Council (ICC) had asked the PCB for the four players cited in the allegations to be dropped from the squad for the forthcoming limited overs matches against England. But no official request has been made.
Other British press reported that the England and Wales Cricket Board was privately adamant that the players at the centre of the allegations should be omitted from the series.
Following reporting of the sting on Sunday, the ICC said corruption would not be tolerated and anyone found guilty of "spot-fixing" would be punished.
England were due to announce Tuesday their squad for the two Twenty20 and five one-day internationals with Pakistan despite the allegations swirling round the tourists.
Source: AFP Asian Edition